FS: Arca-Swiss Monoball B1 - nice but ball seized!

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Phil
Forum Hero

FS: Arca-Swiss Monoball B1 - nice but ball seized!

Post by Phil » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I discovered a while back that my Arca Swiss B1 has a seized ball and decided to replace it with a 3-way head at the same time.

I have decided to offer the head for sale as-is. I am aware that there are solutions to this seized ball so it might be an easy fix for somebody with experience of this. I have tried tightening the knob hand tight (as per Arca's recommendation) to no avail but I don't want to force it (and don't have the tools or inclination to try).

It has the usual quickset 60mm top and apart from the obvious ball defect it is very good overall condition with just a few small surface marks and a small graze on the quickset corner.

I'm asking £100, which is a bargain if it can be fixed as easily as some suggest (and if not the quickset would cost the best part of that anyhow!).

There is no plate included because it attached directly to the rail of my Arca.

Thanks for looking!
Attachments
DSC_9293small.jpg
DSC_9293small.jpg (61.77 KiB) Viewed 2636 times