FS: Deardorff 5x4 - 5x7 Special Complete outfit

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
David Preutz

FS: Deardorff 5x4 - 5x7 Special Complete outfit

Post by David Preutz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I bought this direct from Jack himself & had it shipped to me in the UK. As I haven't shot film for about 6 years now thanks to clients requiring 'the instant gratification' of digital, it's time to clear the cupboards and let this camera be put to work by someone who'll appreciate it as much as I have.
Deardorff '5x4 Special' fitted with a Cambo International back so the ground glass can be notched out for roll film holders. These were built by Deardorff as 5x7's & fitted with a 5x4 reduction back making them far less fiddly to set up & focus, compared to say my Gandolfi 54 which, when I eventualy received it - loathed. The Deardorff is also a triple extension, so you can get in tighter with longer lenses and has far superior swings & tilts than the Gandolfi. I have a couple of spare ground glass screens. The one currently fitted is SnowHill (no longer in business) really bright & an absolute dream to focus up on :D
Rodenstock Grandagon-N f4.5 65mm lens on an all metal recessed Deardorff panel. I don't think you can get these anymore.
Schneider Super Angulons - f5.6 Linhof 75mm & a f8 90mm - both on flat wooden Deardorff panels:
Schneider Symmar S 150mm & 210mm - both f5.6 and on flat wooden Deardorff panels:
Linhof Super Rollex 45 Roll Film Holder - 6x9:
Linhof Techno Rollex Roll Film Holder - 6x12:
545 Polaroid film Holder:
Fuji 45 Instant Film Pack Holder:
2 1/4 sized FujiRoid Instant Film Holder:
Fuji Quickload film holder:

This all comes in a custom compartmentalised & fitted UnderwaterKinetics case in black. This case is bullet proof. In over 20 years of having airline baggage handlers try their best, I've yet to suffer any breakages.
I'm looking for sensible offers in the region of £4000.00 for all the above and for that you'll get all the bits below. Plus some Polaroid type 55 & Fuji Quickload I have lurking in my fridge.
15 or so Fidelity DDS complete with sheaths PLUS 20 or so unused Metal Sheaths - required for Infrared film:
Darkcloth: Harrison changing bag: NPC lupe: Cable release: A really neat precision angle finder: Plus other bits 'n bobs you need out in the field.
I'm UK based & will ship anywhere once freight costs are agreed and funds cleared. Pictures can download them from the link below. Or, if you'd like to see it in real life, I'm based in SW London.
Contact is; david (at) preutz.com
Downloaded link: <http://www.preutz.com/deardorff.zip>
Attachments
ddorff_1.jpg
ddorff_1.jpg (147.21 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
Last edited by David Preutz on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:13 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 4 times in total.

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: FS: Deardorff 5x7 Special -5x4 - Complete outfit

Post by Andrew Plume » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

David, Hi

they're not as stringent on here as on the LFPF where you also posted your outfit but it would be good for you to state some prices et etc

regards

andrew