FS: Mamiya 7 body + 43mm + 65mm + 150mm

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
David Rees
Forum Hero

FS: Mamiya 7 body + 43mm + 65mm + 150mm

Post by David Rees » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I purchased this system from Robert White, new, 15 years ago, when I first ventured into medium format. I researched all the MF systems available at that time, and I decided that for my purpose (amateur landscape photography) this was ideal, due to the relatively small and light nature of the camera and lenses compared to other MF systems. I'm happy to say this was a good decision on my part; this has been one of my better camera systems to own and use; far more portable than some of my 35mm gear, let alone other MF systems. The lenses equate to 21mm, 32m and 70mm approx. in 35mm terms.

I'm selling now because I have moved away from the Scottish Highlands, which I love, and do not find myself inspired particularly by the location in which I now live (my defect, not that of Central Scotland). Family responsibilities prevent me from taking much time for photographic expeditions, and so this system is not likely to see much use for the forseeable future.

Conditionwise, the whole system is very good, or better. The camera has minor rub marks on it, and the writing on the 43mm lens hood has worn a bit, but it is all fully functional, and the glass is excellent. The 43mm comes complete with the dedicated accessory finder.

The camera has had about 100 films through it in total.

I have all the boxes, and all the accessories which came with the camera and lenses, including the camera strap, and the original lens caps, front and back. I always found the Mamiya front lens caps fiddly to use in the field, and so I replaced them with the pinch-tyle Nikon caps, but I have the original caps stored in the boxes, and will supply the Nikon caps also, so you can decide for yourself which you prefer.

The rangefinder focus is spot on with this camera and the 3 lenses, and because of this, I'd like to sell as a set, or at least try to first.

I have not as yet taken photographs of the kit; if there is any interest, I'll arrange to send or post photographs.

As to price, I'm seeking £2,100. I'm happy to try to meet up to allow prospective purchasers to examine the system, dependent on our respective locations, of course.

Not part of this kit, but available to the purchaser on a first refusal basis, is the Mamiya 7 dedicated polariser filter, and the dedicated Kirk L plate for the Mamiya 7 camera body (suitable for mounting the camera to Arca-Swiss style tripod heads--no longer made, and hard to find 2nd-hand). I'm looking for £75 for each of these.

If you are interested, PM me, and I'll give you my email address and telephone number, so we can discuss the system in detail.