SOLD: Da Yi 6x17 (or 6x14 or 6x12) Back

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
David Rees
Forum Hero

SOLD: Da Yi 6x17 (or 6x14 or 6x12) Back

Post by David Rees » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:39 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Next up is a Da Yi 6x17 Back, together with the viewer. This is quite a piece of kit, and though not quite as nice as a dedicated 6x17 camera, it does have one advantage -- it is easy to take veritcal panoramics if you wish to, without turning the camera on its side.

Suitable for use with LF camera with an international back. First Use the 6x17 screen to compose and focus, then close the shutter, and replace viewer with the film back. Make the exposure, and off you go. Not much slower than with a dark slide.

I used this exclusively as a 6x17 back, and made a large number of images with it. Alignment is fine, the images are sharp.

Please note -- inside the film back, one corner of the string used as a seal is slightly loose -- it arrived this way, and I've never found this to cause any light leaks--I simply put into into place when closing the back. It is visible in one of the photos, but I'm declaring it so you are aware of it before purchase.

These retail on eBay for £342, plus customs. Mine is available for £250, incl. free basic Collect+ shipping in the UK.

Happy to answer any questions about this.

David.

PS. off-topic, but If anyone wants any Mamiya 7 or Fuji GX 680 cameras and lenses, get in touch -- I'll be selling mine soon.
Overall 1.jpg
Overall 1.jpg (254.94 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
Viewer Screen.jpg
Viewer Screen.jpg (198.01 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
Back Open.jpg
Back Open.jpg (212.55 KiB) Viewed 2890 times