For Sale: 10x8 Ritter camera.

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
dennis
Forum Hero

For Sale: 10x8 Ritter camera.

Post by dennis » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:52 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

For Sale.
Ritter 8 x 10 camera. Notable for weighing only about 6 1/2 lb with all the usual movements, both back & front. Uses wooden lens boards which can be home-made or purchased. Offered with a Rodenstock Sironar N 240 mm lens in Copal 3 shutter in excellent condition mounted on a Ritter lens board to match cherry wood camera body. A spare lens board cut for Copal 1 shutter is included with the camera. Also four Fidelity Elite film holders, boxed as new but for being lightly numbered plus an unopened box of 50 sheets Adox CHS 100 film dated 2015 plus remains of original box dated 2013 of which about 37 sheets have been used - all that the camera/film holders have been used. Small suitcase included. £3100.00 or make me an offer preferably collected from N. Devon. Too aged to make use of it now! More details/photos available, please pm me with email address. Thanks, Dennis.
Last edited by dennis on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 1 time in total.

John Hudson

Re: For Sale: 10x8 Ritter camera.

Post by John Hudson » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:27 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Dennis,
I was toying with the idea of getting one of Richards 8x10 large format cameras with the removable bellows and bag bellow due to its light weight. The other camera I was looking at was was one of Mike Walkers Titan none folding8x10 cameras but comes in at 4.5 kg.and has only a short bellows extension.
How did you find the build quality and the camera in use.
I read online somewhere the front standard tended to vibrate in anything but the lightest breeze.
Any comments would be much appreciated.
regards John

dennis
Forum Hero

Post by dennis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:54 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

John,
I have not found the front to be particularly prone to movement. Because it offers both base tilt & on axis tilt it does need to be tightened methodically, but then all large format cameras require that anyway. The Ritter does offer an excellent range of movemets in relation to its weight, which was a major consideration for me. I am only selling because my advancing (rapidly!) age mitigates against frequent use. If you PM me I can email you some pics as examples of its capabilities. Hope this is of some help. Best wishes, Dennis.

John Hudson

Post by John Hudson » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello Dennis,
Many thanks for the reply.
Would much appreciate pictures of the camera and its movements.
My email is john.hudson010@btinternet.com
Look forward to viewing the photo's
Best regards,
John