FS - Gandolfi Variant 10x8 - SOLD

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Julian Boulter

FS - Gandolfi Variant 10x8 - SOLD

Post by Julian Boulter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Selling my wonderful Gandolfi Variant 10x8 camera, as you can see from the pictures it's quite simply a beautiful camera
in immaculate condition/working order, very sad to have to depart with it but I dont have any time to devote to photography right now.

It's simply the nicest large format camera I have ever owned/used in any format, it has a full range of movements (apart
from rear rise) and is a joy to use. I think my record from bag to tripod, composing, focussing, inserting film, making the image and back in the bag again
was under 7 minutes!

Its a doddle to transport as it folds completley flat and is very compact once folded. I'm selling it together with the Rodenstock APO Sironar 240-N in Copal 3
which is also in immaculate condition/working order (and is a perfect match for the camera), and The lowepro case.

One of the extra silver locking knobs on the front standard is a little loose so I sometimes remove it (they are redundant on this camera anyway because the normal black knobs hold any lens rock solid - I used to use this camera with a Schneider 150 XL which is a massive and heavy lens!).

I have been using the camera primarily to explore the wonderful world of 10x8 instant prints. If you see my other post I am also selling the very rare
Polaroid processor required to process the prints together with the Impossible Project Silver Shade 10x8 negatives/positives.

Finally I have the rest of my 10x8 equipment to sell which includes film holders, a film changing tent, my Sekonic meter, and a Paramo dark cloth, again all
in mint condition, I also have boxes of 10x8 film to sell, and a bunch of lee filters hoods/holders/filters. I will post all this extra 10x8 equipment in a separate post.

Wanting £1500 for the camera/lens and £550 for the processor and film, anyone purchasing both will therefore have everything required to shoot 10x8 instant prints for
just over 2 grand!