For Sale: Wista SP - As New

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
mel

For Sale: Wista SP - As New

Post by mel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:06 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I have a Wista SP for sale in as new condition. It was purchased from Teamwork about a year and a half ago, but was only used once before I moved totally to digital (I still have the receipt). Since then it's been sat in its box feeling lonely. I'm looking for offers around £900 for it, which is less than half the price of a new one from Teamwork, once you've added vat to their current price of £1695.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get some pictures taken of it - that said, it's pretty much indistinguishable from new, even down to the cardboard box!

I'm in London, and obviously happy to do any inspection before purchase.

Melanie

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

To chip in here:

The SP is a cacking camera. Design is a copy of the early Technikas and takes most Technika accessories as well (finders, etc.).
The stock fresnel screen is nice and bright and easy to focus.

I've been using one since shortly after the first workshop and wouldn't swap it, even for an Ebony (runs for cover) :shock:
Well maybe for a Master Technika (Runs even further) :shock:

The "Microfocus Back" on the SP is Wista's own design, which can "sometimes" be useful. I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times in total.
Great camera!

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

mel

Post by mel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:52 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Reduced to £800 for a quick sale

mel

Post by mel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Anyone interested at £700, before I offer it elsewhere?