New member from the Isle Of Man

New here? Introduce yourself.
Vanannan

New member from the Isle Of Man

Post by Vanannan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:42 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi
My name is Tony Lakin and I live in Port Erin in the South West of the Isle Of Man, I have been practising large format photography since 1970 when I acquired my first 5X4 a Linhof Technika III with three lenses which I still have, around the same time I subscribed to the 'Time/Life library of photography' from which I took much inspiration, in about 1985 I graduated to 10X8 having found a Taylor Hobson Cooke series XV triple convertible lens in a box of old gear I had been given so I purchased a 10x8 De Vere Devon, I still have and use the Cooke and when TTH introduced the XVa I had to have one of those as well, I am currently using K B Canham metal 5X4 and 10X8 cameras also a Horseman LX and A sinar Wolf with a full compliment of lenses.
My main passion is for B&W pictorial and landscape photography, and of course do all my own processing and printing, I am an associate of the RPS and hope to apply for fellowship in the next couple of years, I also held associateships in the BIPP, MPA and SWPP but have now resigned from these as having semi retired from professional photography can no longer justify the subscriptions.
I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum.

Thank you :D
Regards
Tony

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:05 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum! Never visited the Isle of Man! Hopefully we'll get the chance to meet up on a workshop on the mainland?

Vanannan

Post by Vanannan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:34 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

PAUL O wrote:Hi Tony, welcome to the forum! Never visited the Isle of Man! Hopefully we'll get the chance to meet up on a workshop on the mainland?
Hi Paul
Thanks for the welcome are you Paul Owen? if so I think we have had a couple of deals on Ebay, I would love to meet with you and other large format photographers from this forum.

Thanks again
Regards
Tony