New from Belgrade

New here? Introduce yourself.
timing

New from Belgrade

Post by timing » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:15 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi All,

After many years shooting digital (on land and underwater) I decided to move back to film with a medium format camera (Mamiya RZ 67pro II) which I have really enjoyed - developing the film myself especially so.

Now I've decided to enter the bewildering world of Large Format photography having purchased firstly a Crown Graphic to test the waters and now a Deardorff 4x5 Special - a really beautiful camera! I now have to find a suitable lens to get cracking with it.

I have managed to source 4x5 sheet film locally here in Belgrade but only the B&W Efke film - not a problem but I'd really like to try colour positive film - although that's kind of academic as there is nowhere here that can process that film size.

This means that I will use the LF cameras for B&W and the Mamiya for colour work as I can get the roll-film processed.

So, having moved out to Belgrade last year I'm setting out to photograph the city - there are some fasinating parts due to it's history and geography - as well as wider Serbia and countries / cities beyond.

Of course I also have to learn a whole new way of taking photographs so I'll be reading here and the other forums for as much info as I can digest. I guess the best way to learn is to attend a course or workshop but that's not so easy these days given my location.

Cheers,

Tim

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:32 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Tim

Welcome to the group. You could always come to one of our workshops, the next one will be in October in North Wales. If not, then I'm sure, for a expenses plus a consideration, one of us would come out to you for a few days :D 8)

Failing that, there are many people on this forum who should be able to help and guide you in your first steps :)
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony