Long-overdue introduction from new member in North Yorks……

New here? Introduce yourself.
Rod

Long-overdue introduction from new member in North Yorks……

Post by Rod » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:47 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Fellow Forum Members,

I’ve been diving into the Forum for various bits of information over the past six months and finally registered some time ago, only when I was interested in purchasing something from another member – not a very sociable way to use the Forum I admit, but I just never get around to doing anything until it’s absolutely necessary. I shall try to be a better behaved/participating member in future!

I’ve been keen on taking photographs for more than 35 years, but, like many other group members it seems, have never been able to find enough time (or money!) to devote to it – in my case due mainly to work commitments and house-building. Until recently I used only 35mm and although I always wanted to move to a larger format I didn’t feel medium format was the way to go and yearned to try 4x5.

Now, I have more time to spare (wife permitting, I hope!) and I’m yet another Ebony user shooting mainly Quickload B&W and Velvia 50 to date. As a 35mm user I always thought Velvia 50 was too over-the-top in terms of saturation/colour, though to date with LF it doesn’t seem quite so, dare I say, garish. Even so, I’ve now obtained some Pro 160S that I’m keen to try for more subtle renderings and, hopefully, to handle a little more contrast and make things easier in the scanning stage. I know other members have tried this route already, but I’ll try to pass on anything of interest that arises.

Kind regards,

Rod.

Paul Mitchell

Re: Long-overdue introduction from new member in North Yorks……

Post by Paul Mitchell » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:32 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome to the forum Rod. I was born and grew up in Bridlington so know North Yorkshire very well, sadly I now live darn saarf and miss the great Yorkshire countryside.

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

http://www.paulmitchellphotography.co.uk
http://www.arenaphotographers.com

EddieB

Post by EddieB » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome Rod

This is a great for help and information. I've also just been trying the Fuji 160S and I've been impressed so far.

I haven't tried that scanning lark yet though - I spend a lot of my working day in a pc somewhere, it doesn't have much appeal when I get home!

look forward to seeing some of your LF stuff.

Best Regards
Eddie

all I'm asking is for a bit of sunlight in the right spot when I'm ready

Dave Dawson
Forum Hero

Post by Dave Dawson » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome to the 'dark side' Rod :)

Cheers Dave

timparkin
Forum Hero

Post by timparkin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Rod,

Good to see more LF'rs... if you fancy meeting up sometime, let me know if you're around Leeds way..

Tim

p.s. You can always (horror of horrors) turn down the saturation of Velvia in Photoshop - works quite niceley sometimes... I've also used a bit of Astia but it looks like I'll be buying me next lot from the states..
Waiting for the developing bill - 2 hours (and it's so small now!)