Hello From Leicestershire

New here? Introduce yourself.
Richard Warom

Hello From Leicestershire

Post by Richard Warom » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

My name is Richard and I have been teaching myself large format for about 3 yrs. I started with a Crown Graphic but now have a Shen Hao TZ and a Toyo view. I only photograph with LF in monochrome and process my film in a Jobo CPP2 then scan to my computer which is a Mac using an Epson V750. For film loading I have 3 Graphmatic film holders which I find really helpful now that I have learned how to use them, they are old and have to be treated with tenderness so they dont jam. My main interest is simple landscape and I keep trying my hand at industrial landscape which also interests me. Wth my Toyo I am having a go at fine art photography in a little studio corner I have made.
At the present time I am working on improving my processing and scanning which I think has been the most difficult to learn as finding really helpful simple instructions is not easy, so trial and error ( leaning more towards the error) has been the only way, I believe I am making some progress. I look forward to participating in discussions.

patawauke

Re: Hello From Leicestershire

Post by patawauke » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:17 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hullo Richard, welcome to the forum. I also started teaching myself the intricacies of LF photography recently, likewise adopting the hybrid film/scan/inkjet processing route. It's amazing how much there is to learn on the processing side, there is danger of the shooting itself becoming a minor part of the whole exercise. However this and similar forums are great places to tap into the learning process. Good luck with your photography! John

patawauke

Post by patawauke » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:14 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Richard, this may be of interest, a recent thread started by Steve Gledhill on the LF Photography Forum under Digital Processing - "16 stop range....." about the advantages of hybrid workflow. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link reference. John

Richard Warom

Post by Richard Warom » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:16 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks John for the welcome and the link I will have a look for it.Richard