Hello

New here? Introduce yourself.
Tom_W

Hello

Post by Tom_W » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hopefully I am welcome here? I shoot a 6x17 which, by its nominal dimensions, puts me at 102cm sq -- just over the bar! -- but by its actual dimensions puts me at 94.08cm sq -- just under the bar?

I got your name from Kings House, they asked me if I was part of your group as I said I was a photographer when I was paying for my previous booked accomidation between the dates when you are there at your conference.

Did a web search and followed your name from Robert White...

T

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:15 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Tom

Welcome to the funny farm; afraid you will have to be a junior member though until you get a grown up camera :lol:

Seriously though, it will be very interesting to see the results you are getting. Whereabouts in the country are you and what camera are you using ?

Tom_W

Location == Notts

Post by Tom_W » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:14 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Based in Notts, but am N.Irish and brought up in Ireland and Scotland.

I was using a Linhof Technorama S617 (for about 15 years) but have chopped that in (2 months ago) for the Fotoman 617.

For some this was a strange decision but the the range of lenses availiable for the Fotoman camera is much more diverse (and less expensive) than the Linhof; a box is simply a box. The Fotoman is also much more modular in its design with shift and bellows units to come.

T

PS just to be straight ( and before I am found out :wink: ) I also own a mini frame - EOS 1DsM2 as I am a nature photographer and one of the moderators of UKNP.

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:29 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Burn the witch .... he mentioned a "D" camera :twisted:

6x17 is a fine format and I speak for us all when I say we would consider a Fotoman as LF'ish - after all you can compose on a ground glass screen under a dark cloth :wink:

Just be prepared for lots of stick if/when you mention digit ..... aahh nearly said it!!!!!! word.