Hello from Central Scotland

New here? Introduce yourself.
freewillie

Hello from Central Scotland

Post by freewillie » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Both my wife Deb and I are glad to join the LF Photo Group. We were involved with photography 30 years ago (in Canada) with our own studio (Old wooden 4x5 camera), but have only recently returned to photography when we could not get quality product photographs for our clients website/e-commerce packages that we design. We first tried digital, now that it is getting very close to 35mm quality (some may argue), which is great for websites, but then clients wanted very large prints of some of their products for promotion and it was just not possible with 6 / 12 megapixels. So it was this and other personal projects that we have in mind, that prompted us to move back to the larger 4x5 format size.

Our welcome to the group from Joanna has been great, and it looks like we have found the right group with the same interests and goals. We are very much looking forward to meeting everyone who will be attending the workshop up in Glencoe later this month.

Equipment:
Toyo 45C, 90, 150, 210/370mm lens
Fuji 7000, Fuji S3 Pro w/ 18-200, 70-300, 500mm lens
Nikon 2 older bodies + F80 w/50, 28-80mm lens
Full Studio lighting w/ product table

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome to the crowd and hope to see you in Scotland - do I need to listen out for the Canadian accent? I won't insult you thinking it's American as most of our remaining family is Canadian so I've a chance of telling the difference...

Andrew
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.