New Member - Hello !

New here? Introduce yourself.
Trail Images

New Member - Hello !

Post by Trail Images » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello, to all who maybe a site member or visitor here. I was lucky to have found this site during the demise of the Fuji QL's. As my requests for updates on the subject went unanswered from Fuji at the time, at least the posts at this site were quite helpful and informative. The loss of the QL's still took place, however, by reading some of the updates here we were better informed at that time and could try our best to plan around the event. Thank you for that !

As a side note; I live in southern California, U.S.A., and shoot in the southwestern territory of the continent. I'm a long time user of transparency films going back to Kodachrome 25. I started as many have with a 35mm unit and moved to MF at least 15 years ago now. The move to LF was a bit more recent taking place about 5 to 7 years ago now. Although I will not part with the MF gear, I primarily shoot LF these days.

I look forward to visiting this site as often as possible and appreciate all of the information posted here as it always seems to be very current. :D

Paul Mitchell

Re: New Member - Hello !

Post by Paul Mitchell » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:32 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome Trail Images, we have quite a few non doms on the forum and it's refreshing to have your perspective on the world of LF outside the UK

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

http://www.paulmitchellphotography.co.uk
http://www.arenaphotographers.com

Trail Images

Post by Trail Images » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:59 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

:D Thank you, Paul.
It is truly a pleasure to review the posts here and I learn up to date information all the time during my visits.......take care.

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:43 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Trail Images wrote:Hello, to all who maybe a site member or visitor here. I was lucky to have found this site during the demise of the Fuji QL's. As my requests for updates on the subject went unanswered from Fuji at the time, at least the posts at this site were quite helpful and informative. The loss of the QL's still took place, however, by reading some of the updates here we were better informed at that time and could try our best to plan around the event. Thank you for that !

As a side note; I live in southern California, U.S.A., and shoot in the southwestern territory of the continent. I'm a long time user of transparency films going back to Kodachrome 25. I started as many have with a 35mm unit and moved to MF at least 15 years ago now. The move to LF was a bit more recent taking place about 5 to 7 years ago now. Although I will not part with the MF gear, I primarily shoot LF these days.

I look forward to visiting this site as often as possible and appreciate all of the information posted here as it always seems to be very current. :D

Dear Traill Images

Welcome to this friendly forum

Let us know what you have in your LF kit bag pse and your favoured formats

Me, way toooooo much gear, paring down is the way to go......

regards

andrew

Trail Images

Post by Trail Images » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:24 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Andrew, so far as gear goes in Large Format, it's always shy of at least "one more lens", don't ya know. :D
Here is the list that I typically haul in the backpack to as remote as I can get these days. After an ankle break years back I've had to trim the distances a bit, but never give up what I enjoy the most, that would be just getting out there and taking things in. Living here in the southwest part of the USA, that's a lot of taking things in too. :P

Wista DXIII Cherrywood 4x5
Schneider APO 90mm 5.6 - 120mm 5.6 - 150mm 5.6 - 210mm 5.6
Minolta Spotmeter F
"Old" Bogen 3221 Tripod with Bogen 488RCO Midi-ballhead
Lee 100mm wide angle filter holder
Hoya 77mm Circular Polarizer - Hoya 77mm 1B Warming - Moose 77mm C/P warming Filter.
Singh-Ray Grads - 2stop soft & hard - 3 stop soft & hard
Still using my Fuji QL loader to date. Once I'm out of the Velvia 50 QL's I'll start reloading my Fidelity units with cut sheets again. :(

Nice to have met you on-line here, Andrew.

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:09 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Trail Images wrote:Hi Andrew, so far as gear goes in Large Format, it's always shy of at least "one more lens", don't ya know. :D
Here is the list that I typically haul in the backpack to as remote as I can get these days. After an ankle break years back I've had to trim the distances a bit, but never give up what I enjoy the most, that would be just getting out there and taking things in. Living here in the southwest part of the USA, that's a lot of taking things in too. :P

Wista DXIII Cherrywood 4x5
Schneider APO 90mm 5.6 - 120mm 5.6 - 150mm 5.6 - 210mm 5.6
Minolta Spotmeter F
"Old" Bogen 3221 Tripod with Bogen 488RCO Midi-ballhead
Lee 100mm wide angle filter holder
Hoya 77mm Circular Polarizer - Hoya 77mm 1B Warming - Moose 77mm C/P warming Filter.
Singh-Ray Grads - 2stop soft & hard - 3 stop soft & hard
Still using my Fuji QL loader to date. Once I'm out of the Velvia 50 QL's I'll start reloading my Fidelity units with cut sheets again. :(

Nice to have met you on-line here, Andrew.

yes, thx indeed for this - at least you've a fairly light camera body to backpack with

best

andrew