New member from Sussex.

New here? Introduce yourself.
cliffhes

New member from Sussex.

Post by cliffhes » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:35 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello everyone,
I am a new member living in Hastings, East Sussex. I have been involved in photography as an amateur for about 30 years. My work as a psychiatric nurse has often restricted time and money for photography but have always managed to keep my hand in.
L.F. interest has been ongoing for some years now and not always sucessfully. I have managed gradually to acquire items of L.F. equipment over several years.

Omega D2 5X4 enlarger with extended column. Schneider Componon S 150mm El lens.

MPP Micropress camera.
Bender 5X4 hand made kit camera and bag bellows.
Hand made 5X4 camera(I made many years ago and mostly used with 35mm camera bodies).
210mm DOI lens. 90mm Schneider Symar SA and 150mm lens
Recently acquired chinese 6X17 RF back but have had difficulties using it with my equipment so far.

For travelling I use a mixture of 35mm, digital and MF. I am still getting used to using a recently acquired Mamiya 7II with 50, 80 and 150mm lenses. Because I don't drive a car but use a motorbike space is at a premium (I have to find room on the back for my wife).
I also use a Nikon LS 9000 m.f. scanner and print digitally using an Epsom Stylus Pro 4800 A2 printer.
I came across this group through the LF Journal which I have downloaded 2 issues now. I look forward to being part of this group of like minded people and hope to learn and share ideas and enthusiasm. I would also like to add that I enjoyed and admired the work of the contributors to the UK LF Photography Group in the journal.
Best Regards
Clifford Heselden

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:55 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome Clifford

I hope you will feel free to ask questions and join in wherever possible. One of the benefits of this group is that people can get together on a local basis and just spend a day at the weekend in good company. Of course, if the weather turns out to be inclement then we invoke the Tearoom Appreciation Subcommittee rules and retire to the local amenities :lol:

cliffhes

Post by cliffhes » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks for the welcome Joanna. Meeting people with similar LF interests is a pleasant prospect. On the subject of tearooms have been photographing these and similar establishments in Europe and North Africa for some years now. These are taken in 35mm, MF and digital. It is my hope to continue the project in LF. I would also like to add some UK establishments to the collection. Thanks again,
Clifford

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:50 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I'm not saying that we're always wanting to photograph the establishments - sampling the local produce seems to be higher on the "menu" for some :)

Andrew
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.