hello from Snowdonia

New here? Introduce yourself.
du a gwyn

hello from Snowdonia

Post by du a gwyn » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

hello,just join tonight,i'm fairly new to large format.just bough a linhof 5x4 allthogh i had a 5x7 last year for some time but couldn't find a enlarger.sod's law as soon as i sold the 5x7 i was offered a 5x7 enlarger.bough it anyway,but decided to bough a 5x4 this time because i work purley in black and white and wanted to try some polaroid type 55.would welcome some help on using the 5x4 if there are any members living quite close to Caernarfon,Gwynedd.
looking forward to contribute to the forum,i dont make any apolgise for the spelling,english is not my first language,it Welsh.
diolch yn fawr(thanks). :lol:
c.roberts

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Croeso at y cylch trafod. Which should mean "welcome to the discussion group", but if it doesn't, please forgive me 8) Since I only know about 2 of the words I used and the others I had to look up, I'm sorry but you are going to have to put up with English from me :roll:

Seriously though, you are very welcome amongst this disparate bunch of people and I hope you find friendship and help here. There are a few of us who live within easy driving distance of where you are; we have already come down to Snowdonia on a couple of occasions for "mini-workshops" and would relish meeting with you on a future visit.

If you would like, all you have to do is post a message saying when you plan on going on a shoot and, maybe, somebody will be able to join you. It is always useful to have someone with local knowledge on board.

Please feel free to ask if you are having any problems getting to grips with the one-eyed, three legged beast; most of us are still trying hard to improve our knowledge and technique. If you find anyone who says they don't need help, they are either lying or so big-headed, you wouldn't want to meet them :P