Hi from London

New here? Introduce yourself.
Maik Kleinschmidt

Hi from London

Post by Maik Kleinschmidt » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:12 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Good morning everyone,

I got into large format at university, wanting to try out as much as possible of the equipment the photo store had to offer... half a year on I bought a Toyo-View 45C with a 135mm lens off ebay. Now that the first exposure came out reasonably well, I'm looking forward to make much more use of LF. It's a very limited kit at the moment and I haven't even a proper bag yet to carry it around not being a car owner, but I'm hoping to compensate that with effort and things learned from discussing and reading on here. And hopefully, meet some photographers too!

Maik

Adrian Brewster

Re: Hi from London

Post by Adrian Brewster » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:58 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Maik
Welcome to the forum. Good luck photographing the great Metropolitan wilderness, it sounds dangerous down there. Are they still stop and searching photographers with suspicious looking terrorist cameras or have things calmed down a bit? Should be some interesting crowd scene photo opportunities on the 26th of March but I guess all the best viewpoints will be taken by the police FIT squad photographers.
Regards
Adrian

Thingy
Forum Hero

Re: Hi from London

Post by Thingy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Maik

Welcome onboard. I'm from Kent but work in Central London. It's a great place to take photographs, but sometimes individual policepersons are over zealous in confusing LF camera users with terrorists! In my case I think its my beard combined with my black dark cloth! :roll: If you want to see other peoples LF gear the best way is to come to one of our outings/workshops, and if you ask nicely I'm sure people will give you a go at using one of their lenses. :)

Steve
Love is an Ebony mounted with a Cooke PS945.......