A steep learning curve, from Derby

New here? Introduce yourself.
Tony B

A steep learning curve, from Derby

Post by Tony B » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I've exposed my first few sheets of Velvia on my 5x4 Wista under expert guidance (thanks Jon), and they are away being processed - back on Monday, I hope. This anticipation reminds me of my first B&W print appearing inthe dev tray in the darkroom. Does anyone else share such a memory?

I'm not new to photography, but certainly new to LF. Based in Derby, the Peak District is a short drive away and I look forward to seeing favourite locations with new eyes (and higher definition!).

I would welcome the company of anyone within reach who would like to spend the occasional day in like-minded company. Just let me know.

Tony

timparkin
Forum Hero

Re: A steep learning curve, from Derby

Post by timparkin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Tony Bennett wrote:I've exposed my first few sheets of Velvia on my 5x4 Wista under expert guidance (thanks Jon), and they are away being processed - back on Monday, I hope. This anticipation reminds me of my first B&W print appearing inthe dev tray in the darkroom. Does anyone else share such a memory?

I'm not new to photography, but certainly new to LF. Based in Derby, the Peak District is a short drive away and I look forward to seeing favourite locations with new eyes (and higher definition!).

I would welcome the company of anyone within reach who would like to spend the occasional day in like-minded company. Just let me know.

Tony
Hello Tony! How did you get into the LF? It will definitely give you some fun - you might want to try out the areas around Padley Gorge (as well as Bolehill)

Tim Parkin
Waiting for the developing bill - 2 hours (and it's so small now!)

Ed Moss

Post by Ed Moss » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Tony,

Have fun, I missed watching the image appear as well, so I'm just converting the garage into a darkroom.
Agree with seeing the world through new eyes, things I've photographed before take on a whole new meaning in LF.

Ed

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

If you're down Derby way try places like the Stanton/Birchover area, Brassington (Rainster rocks), Dovedale etc.

P.S. I take it you're not THE Tony Bennett?

Tony B

Post by Tony B » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks to Tim, Ed and Dave for the welcome posts. (No, I'm not the 'other' Tony Bennett. He's older and richer!)

If you would ever like company in Derbyshire LF-ing, just let me know.

Tony