Another from the NE

New here? Introduce yourself.
NorthSands

Another from the NE

Post by NorthSands » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello, looking at the new members it seems I'm not alone up here - based in Sunderland. Shoot pretty much exclusively at night with a beat up old Graflex. So, hello! :D

timparkin
Forum Hero

Re: Another from the NE

Post by timparkin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:12 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

NorthSands wrote:Hello, looking at the new members it seems I'm not alone up here - based in Sunderland. Shoot pretty much exclusively at night with a beat up old Graflex. So, hello! :D
Hi! What you shooting photos of ?
Waiting for the developing bill - 2 hours (and it's so small now!)

NorthSands

Post by NorthSands » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:26 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

timparkin wrote:
NorthSands wrote:Hello, looking at the new members it seems I'm not alone up here - based in Sunderland. Shoot pretty much exclusively at night with a beat up old Graflex. So, hello! :D
Hi! What you shooting photos of ?
Hi Tim...varies really! A lot of grot, industrial decay, historic areas and of course the ubiquitous river and coastline we have in abundance here. You can see a small selection here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/interzone- ... 448513294/

Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:35 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Andy
It's not grot, it's strangely beautiful. Plastic bags on razor wire, who needs all that cliche postcard romantic landscape stuff when you've got so much dark scape texture out there. I used to run around those bits of Sunderland and Seaham after dark when I lived there, brought back some good memories and a few ghosts too. The best compliment I can give is that it has encouraged me to go and find some after dark industrial agriculture stuff out here in the so called wilderness, although I guess I'll have to take some artificial light, I assume you were just using available street lights.
Regards
Adrian