Hi from South London

New here? Introduce yourself.
Miles Roberts

Hi from South London

Post by Miles Roberts » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:04 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi all,

So this starts with a confession - I was very unwell yesterday, so when Joanna called me, I was pretty certain I was already a member and had been using the forum for some time - I'm afraid in my slight addled brain I had confused you with one of your forum cousins - sorry for that!

About me, well im a mature undergrad student of photography at Westminster and made the leap to large format earlier this year. I love it, started with a Wista metal bodied field camera with kicks ass and hopefully early next week a Sinar P will turn up with my name on it. I'm a bit mad, love tea and cake and Radio 4. I keep a greyhound named Flick...

Most of my work is of abandoned spaces, I shoot this mostly on MF as access isn't always simple.

If you want to know anything else ask away...

Look forward to chatting.

Miles

numnutz

Re: Hi from South London

Post by numnutz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi - welcome to LF-photo.co.uk. I live in SW London and was also a mature student studying Photographic and Electronic Imaging Sciences at the University of Westminster, (class of 1998).

This I was told was the last year of film based study - I suspect it is all Digital now :(.

Love tea, I'm diabetic so not allowed cake and also listen to Radio 4.

nn :)

Miles Roberts

Post by Miles Roberts » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:12 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

numnutz wrote:Hi - welcome to LF-photo.co.uk. I live in SW London and was also a mature student studying Photographic and Electronic Imaging Sciences at the University of Westminster, (class of 1998).

This I was told was the last year of film based study - I suspect it is all Digital now :(.

Love tea, I'm diabetic so not allowed cake and also listen to Radio 4.

nn :)
*cough-splutter* Last year of what...? All what...? I'm very pleased that this is not the case. Whilst we are taught digital technique, there has only been one digital exclusive module. Ok I'm a part-timer so the structure is a little different, and we've become quite analogue purists as a cohort... But no. Film is alive and well with us and alas my wallet knows about it too!

Thingy
Forum Hero

Post by Thingy » Wed May 04, 2011 1:49 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome on board. I live in Kent but work in London.

I hope film is not coming off the curriculum. I should have thought better of the UoW (it was called the Polytechnic of Central London when I studied Danish there!). Although 5x4 digital scanners are available*, they are better for studio work with still life as the scanning bit takes more than a second to traverse the screen! You can also buy a lot of sheet film for the price of a basic scanner ($6,500) that obliges you to carry a laptop with you in order to use it! :roll:

* http://www.betterlight.com/
Love is an Ebony mounted with a Cooke PS945.......