Hello from North Yorkshire

New here? Introduce yourself.
Andrew Harley

Hello from North Yorkshire

Post by Andrew Harley » Sun May 01, 2011 10:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Allow me to introduce myself.

First thank you to Joanna for a genuinely warm welcome.

I live just north of York and have had an active interest in photography from a time when my age was counted in single figures. I have a preference for monochrome and have a darkroom space that competes with many other domestic demands.

Some of my efforts are here:

http://www.agimago.co.uk

I have made the journey from 35mm to medium format and have just begun to edge into large format. So far I have exposed 5 sheets of 5x4, tray processed. I have contact printed the one that produced a visible image. The result is attached! I should add that my "large format" equipment currently comprises a Kodak 1A pocket camera, C1908. I have adapted this (reversibly) by making a "ground glass screen" substitute with tracing paper in a frame held in place with rubber bands. A double dark slide with light trap made from 9mm velvet ribbon completes the conversion.

My Combiplan tank should be ready by the end of the week and this should allow me to be able to process more than two sheets at a time.

I look forward to getting more familiar with large format as time and budget allow. In the meantime I may ask lots of questions as I get to know you.

Thanks

Andrew
Attachments
Sheep Dip 5x4 revised 1.1.jpg
Sheep Dip 5x4 revised 1.1.jpg (195.07 KiB) Viewed 1926 times