Hello from Southampton

New here? Introduce yourself.
Clive Bennett

Hello from Southampton

Post by Clive Bennett » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Clive Bennett here,
just to introduce myself.... I live in Southampton and attend New Forest CC. I seem to be the only LF photographer there so was elated to find this site....they say a problem shared is a problem halved...so I shall be very generous with mine.
I have been taking pictures for over 30 years and LF for three or four years. When I grow up I want to be good at it.
I am still printing conventionally but would also like to scan for greater manipulation should the need arise.

I leave for the Yorkshire Dales this Saturday so hope to get some landscapes to busy me in the darkroom on my return.

I look forward to joining in your discussions and will help anyway I can....but I think I shall be taking more than I can offer.
All the best to you all
regards
Clive Bennett

Paul Mitchell

Re: Hello from Southampton

Post by Paul Mitchell » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome Clive

LF can a lonely world indeed but fear not as we're a very friendly bunch here and there's even a few LF'ers I know of down your way!

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

http://www.paulmitchellphotography.co.uk
http://www.arenaphotographers.com

John Hamlen

Post by John Hamlen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome Clive,

Great to see you here. Looking forward to seeing your shots of the Dales!

All the best,
John

TimH

Post by TimH » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Clive - firstly I hope you enjoyed your jaunt to the Frozen North aka Yorkshire. I'm an ex-pat from the Hull area but have lived away too long - I'm rather partial to the area even now - esp if the local does Theakstons 'OLD P' !!. I now live pretty close to you - I'm in Hedge End - east of Southampton and close to J7 of the M27 near the huge M&S superstore. If you fancy a meet up or just a beer / natter then ping me via the PM system on here - saves exposing (ha ha lousy pun not intended) phone no's etc to the spamalots.

I'm not a wet printer - never really have been but go the fairly well trodden route of :-

film -> Peak Imaging -> Epson V700 -> PSCS4 -> Epson 3800 -> Flickr (or house wall if any good)

Hope to catch up on one of the informal get-togethers a few of us have or the next workshop,

regards Tim...........
Digi-snapper now (finally) turned LF shooter hmm been doing this long enuff - Now LF photog !