Another New Swedish Member

New here? Introduce yourself.
Bengt Fredén

Another New Swedish Member

Post by Bengt Fredén » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:29 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello Joanna, Charles, Paul and all other members of this interesting Forum,

I joined the Forum quite recently and I am looking forward to reading, learning and taking part in your Forum discussions.
Time will tell if I can perhaps also take part in workshops in the UK - who knows.

Some background on who I am - a brief presentation;
I am a partly retired professional advertising photographer from Stockholm, Sweden. This is due to a muscular illness, which have prevented me to working full time with assignments since about the year 2000.
I have visited the British Isles on many vacations and trips over a thirty-year period, from the Shetland Islands in the northeast to Cornwall in the southwest and I have met gentle, considerate and kind people everywhere and made many friends. I particularly like to stay in small youth hostels and B&Bs whenever I go, because of the cosy and friendly atmosphere and the bonus of meeting and talking to friendly people. In the summer of 2004,
I travelled the south of Britain and the west of Ireland with my family (wife and two teenage daughters) and we had a marvellous time, especially out on the tiny island of Inis Oirr (Inisheer) south of Galway in Ireland. A truly beautiful and quiet place, where the light over the north Atlantic is simply stunning.
I should like to go back some time, equipped with a large format camera and lots of time.

I am very fond of all things English and I have studied the English language for a couple of years at the English department of the University of Stockholm, which have given me a somewhat better insight into English literature.

All in all, I look forward to taking part in this Forum and I hope that I will be able to share some things that might be of general interest for all.

Best regards to you all,
Bengt, 53 years young.

(Edited in): After posting this, I realized that it should perhaps have been posted under the New Members" Forum - perhaps a moderator could have it moved? Please do as you see fit. I´ll try to find my way better in the future. Best, BF.
Bengt Fredén, photographer
Stockholm, Sweden

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:23 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Greetings Bengt

You are very welcome to the group, it is always nice when people don't just join but they also participate :wink: Please feel free to post a link to somewhere were we can see some of your work; it is always interesting to see how different people see the world.

I hope you have a happy new year with plenty of opportunities.

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome to the group! Look forward to heraing from you in the forum! Regards paul

Bengt Fredén

Post by Bengt Fredén » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:24 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Joanna and Paul,

Thank you very much for the warm and welcoming words. I look forward to participating and hopefully contributing to the discussions.

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous new year,
Bengt
Bengt Fredén, photographer
Stockholm, Sweden