Hello from Birmingham

New here? Introduce yourself.
P. J. Singh

Hello from Birmingham

Post by P. J. Singh » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:58 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I am Pav from Birmingham and I am interested in processing gear, I am not new to photography and have been involved in photo projects since the 1990's. For over a year now I've been trying to do something different and have been promoting film, particularly Super 8 [cine film] I have been looking at ways to make the experience of using Super 8 fun and easy and have been trying to find a way process Super film using a Jobo ATL 1000/1500 and finally now I think I've found a way.

Here's a bit about myself - I went to a polytechnic in London for my first degree and then studied closer to home in the Midlands, I graduated in Media Studies and later studied for my masters. I finally qualified as a community and youth worker and worked both as a youth worker and lecturer teaching English, Media and Photography for several years.

I started writing short stories in the late 1990's as a hobby and was surprised when I first got published. I have now written several short stories, scripts and plays. I started my own production company and made training films and corporate videos before joining the BBC as a script and storyline producer for a popular daily soap. I left the BBC and started lecturing again this time doing something completely different; teaching Adult Literacy and Numeracy. In my spare time I run practical Super 8 workshops which include filming, processing and editing.

Pavan Deep Singh

Paul Mitchell

Re: Hello from Birmingham

Post by Paul Mitchell » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:21 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome to the forum Pav and for your interesting introduction. My 17 year old son has just bought his first Super 8 and is in the process of exposing his first reel!

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

http://www.paulmitchellphotography.co.uk
http://www.arenaphotographers.com

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: Hello from Birmingham

Post by Andrew Plume » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Pav

that's really interesting stuff/what you've had to say

I have no processing gear (at present)

regards

andrew

Tony