Nick from Kent

New here? Introduce yourself.
Nick Coombs

Nick from Kent

Post by Nick Coombs » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi...

My name is Nick and I live in Rainham Kent, I have been into photography for many years manly just pictures of the family as they grew but these day if I was to point the camera at them I would just go away dad.... But no bother, so now I take pictures for me and do I take a lot... Some I share on my flickr stream flickr.com/nick_coombs and some I sell through a stock site.
My interest of LF photography peaked a few weeks back but has been building over a lone time and first started with a look at MF as a means to slow my self down and stop and think more on why and what I am taking pictures of it so easy with modern DSLR to rattle of loads of shots "not that I think that a bad thing in general" and I am not going to get rid of my 5d I just what to improve on what I already do, I want to be able look into a photo and marvel at the details the depth of the tones and I hope that by taking up LF photography I will get this....

So the other day I managed to get hold of a MPP camera and 150 lens and 5 dark slides "just waiting for it to be delivered" and already I am think of the processing stage, I think I will shot with Slide film I don't intend at this stage on printing for these but instead scan them and edit using PS and then print.
I want to own the process and so I will process the film my self, all of this kit I now need to source from Dev Tank to chemicals, maybe a Jobo processing system, but none of these I have as of yet...
Any advice on things to get or avoid are grateful received....

Right off out out again with the 5d.... but soon i hope my LF camera...

Nick

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Re: Nick from Kent

Post by Joanna Carter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:11 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Nick and welcome.
Nick Coombs wrote:I want to own the process and so I will process the film my self, all of this kit I now need to source from Dev Tank to chemicals, maybe a Jobo processing system, but none of these I have as of yet...
Any advice on things to get or avoid are grateful received....
Colour transparency film processing requires quite tight temperature control. I have a Jobo ATL1500, which allows me to: fill up the chemistry tanks, put the film in the drum, start and forget it until it is done, but these can be hard to find and can cost.

Tim Parkin has done an excellent set of videos on using the more readily available and, possibly, cheaper, Jobo CPP/CPA range of processors; slightly more work but can give good results.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony