Greetings to all

New here? Introduce yourself.
Peter Metelerkamp

Greetings to all

Post by Peter Metelerkamp » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:59 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Dear LF'ers,

I'm a teacher of film-making at the University of Bristol, but my own creative practice has for the past eight or nine years been more or less exclusively in still photography. I use several formats up to 4x5, exclusively working in monochrome traditional processes for my own work, with the very occasional bit of digital for commissioned stuff.

I'm becoming more interested in the traditions and culture of British photography, so I thought I'd sign up in the hope of meeting some of you and perhaps coming on a workshop some time....

I'd be particularly keen to discover more about 19th century techniques, and about notable or interesting British photographers and movements using large format(s), and I'm sure there are many byways of knowledge that several of you may have!

You can see a little bit more about me at my website www.documentarist.net.

I'd be delighted to hear from any of you - there's a contact form on the website.

All the best.

Peter

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:05 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Peter and a warm welcome to the group. There are a few of us based in the south of the country - nice to have another as we were being overrun with Northerners :lol:

Interesting website with some equally interesting photos.

Look forward to meeting you

Paul

BarryWilkinson
Forum Hero

Post by BarryWilkinson » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:13 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello Peter,

Welcome from another 'Southerner'.

Barry