Hello

New here? Introduce yourself.
Bob Singleton

Hello

Post by Bob Singleton » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:12 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I learned of this forum when I met one of your members on top of the cliffs at Malham Cove. I had expected to be the only person there daft enough to be fell walking with a tripod etc.

I live in the Ribble Valley and looking at the posts here there seem to be a lot of members round here.

I am a mature/old student just finishing an HND in photography and a few weeks ago bought a MPP press camera which is nearly as old as I am. Anyway I am on my second box of HP5 and making slow progress.

I am planning to use the 5x4 along with my Hassleblad for B&W landscape stuff but at the moment I'm having to print everything at college an I don't have a big enlarger.

Bob

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Re: Hello

Post by Joanna Carter » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:27 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Bob Singleton wrote:I learned of this forum when I met one of your members on top of the cliffs at Malham Cove. I had expected to be the only person there daft enough to be fell walking with a tripod etc.
Taking heavy bags for long walks seems to please some people, whilst other adopt the "if it's further than 10metres from the car it isn't picturesque" approach :lol:
Bob Singleton wrote:I live in the Ribble Valley and looking at the posts here there seem to be a lot of members round here.
Yes, it must be something to do with the excess of rain that grows LF ptotographers :roll:
Bob Singleton wrote:I am a mature/old student just finishing an HND in photography and a few weeks ago bought a MPP press camera which is nearly as old as I am. Anyway I am on my second box of HP5 and making slow progress.
Bob, you are very welcome among us; As David has said elsewhere, if you want to get together with some of us on a weekend, just shout in the forum and somebody is bound to take you up on the opportunity; especially if you know of somewhere we have not been yet.[/quote]
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony