Hello again - Reintroducing myself

New here? Introduce yourself.
Lee Turner

Hello again - Reintroducing myself

Post by Lee Turner » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello all. My name is Lee Turner and I'm based in the Rossendale Valley in Lancashire. I initially joined lf-photo last year but the past 9 months have been somewhat chaotic so I've been away from the scene for a while.
I shoot multi format and predominantly b&w neg. The LF gear I currently own is an old MPP and a Horseman LX monorail. The MPP was originally a MKIII but it's had a new front standard fitted from a MKVII in addition to the back being tweaked to give the correct registration with newer film holders.
Printing is darkroom based using a DeVere 504 (eight feet of free standing enlarger up two flights of stairs was no joke!) printing on to mainly fibre based paper.

Photography and darkroom work has been pretty non-existent due to a major house renovation, family illness, redundancy and a new job but the light at the end of the tunnel has now been reconnected and it's time to get stuck in again.

Are there any other lf/darkroom users around my neck of the woods? The local photo clubs seem to be digi based these days and as I am still a relative novice with LF it would be nice to get together with like minded souls.

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Re: Hello again - Reintroducing myself

Post by Joanna Carter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:24 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Lee Turner wrote:Hello all. My name is Lee Turner and I'm based in the Rossendale Valley in Lancashire.
Welcome Lee. You will find yourself amongst quite a few "northerners" 8)
Lee Turner wrote:Are there any other lf/darkroom users around my neck of the woods? The local photo clubs seem to be digi based these days and as I am still a relative novice with LF it would be nice to get together with like minded souls.
Certainly, you could more than likely round up a posse of half a dozen or so within a days notice. What are you doing this weekend ? :D

In case you missed it you could just be in time to bring yourself and gear for a days photography at the Chatterley Whitfield colliery site sometime in the next month or so.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

Aynsley Cooper

Post by Aynsley Cooper » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hey, Welcome :D - and good to hear things are on the "up"
A