Hi

New here? Introduce yourself.
Nat

Hi

Post by Nat » Mon May 12, 2008 10:57 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi one and all,
I am new to Large Format Photography and forums, currently a student (albeit ‘vintage’) studying at Farnborough College of Technology, which involves a commute from Portsmouth.

Ambition is to learn how to use the cameras and to get consistent results, I prefer Black and White, but have just started dabbling with the odd colour shot. I have only just started shooting Large Format in the last couple of months, with mixed results.

My equipment consist of:

MPP MK VII (range finder)
MPP MK VIII
Sinar P

Currently in the process of acquiring lenses, peripherals and other associated items for the cameras. I am looking for a lighter more modern camera to pursue architecture and landscape, but can’t decide which route to go as of yet.

Recently converted an old airing cupboard in the bathroom to a darkroom in the small 1 bedroom flat called home. Not a lot of space but it suffices well.

Photography heroes are to many to name, but Chris Killip is on top of the list for me. I look forward to my time on the Large Format forum.

Happy and safe shooting!

Nat

john shiell

Post by john shiell » Tue May 13, 2008 10:37 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello Nat and welcome. I hope you get as much information and fun as I have. Haven't been on a workshop yet, but hope to when there is one in the south...
John

BennehBoy

Post by BennehBoy » Tue May 13, 2008 3:13 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Nat,

Pretty new to this lark also, I've got a P2 so we might be able to offer each other some support when we stuff things up :D

Ben
Ben

Matt_Bigwood
Forum Hero

Post by Matt_Bigwood » Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Nat

Welcome aboard. I'm also a fan of Chris Killip's work and was lucky enough to have bought In Flagrante for less than a tenner when it came out in the 80s!

Matt

Paul.

Post by Paul. » Tue May 13, 2008 6:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Nat,
Welcome.
In the month since I baught my Norma I have had more "now WHY did I do that " moments with it than I have with all other formats since I began takeing photography seriously 11 years ago but DAMN I AM HAVEING FUN.

Hope you enjoy your time here and with the Sinar.
Regards Paul.