Help needed with Sinar C

New here? Introduce yourself.
PK

Help needed with Sinar C

Post by PK » Sat May 31, 2008 10:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello,

I bought an old Sinar C about 25 years ago when I was a student. It was a cobble together of different parts and a few bits were missing and sadly it remained in my loft, unused to the present day. However I now want to get the camera working! Does anyone know where in the UK (preferably the Midlands) I can get this camera checked over and buy parts for it?

Regards, PK:)

Keith Tapscott
Forum Hero

Re: Help needed with Sinar C

Post by Keith Tapscott » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:39 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

PK wrote:Hello,

I bought an old Sinar C about 25 years ago when I was a student. It was a cobble together of different parts and a few bits were missing and sadly it remained in my loft, unused to the present day. However I now want to get the camera working! Does anyone know where in the UK (preferably the Midlands) I can get this camera checked over and buy parts for it?

Regards, PK:)
Try a Google search for Bill Offord, he might be able to help. There should be plenty of spares for renovating a Sinar.

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

The Studio Workshop used to have a repair / service place when they were distributors for Sinar but that's going back a few years and here's been various importers since them.

If the search mentioned above comes to nothing, you could always try the latest distributor as per the Sinar website:

Image 2 Output Ltd.
Unit 19
The io Centre
Hearle Way
Hatfield Business Park
Hatfield
Herts AL10 9EW

Phone: (+44) 1707 2827 10
Fax: (+44) 1707 2697 64
E-mail: info@image2output.com

I don't know anything about them so can't say whether they are
good / bad / indifferent etc. They might be just a sales team but may be able to pont you to someone who could help...

Andrew
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.

BuddP2

Not recommend - Image 2 Output Ltd.

Post by BuddP2 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:55 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Would not recommend. Their sales rep is indifferent, awkward and not helpful. Charge to check over cameras, they send simple repairs away to Sinar at great cost. best wishes

Clive Gray

Post by Clive Gray » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

And yet if you ask their technical guy he'll send you the link to their ftp with good scanned copies of all the Sinar technical manuals containing the parts lists and full adjustment procedures.

edwinb

Post by edwinb » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:20 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks for that Clive :D
Yes we http://www.image2output.com are the UK and Eire distributors and I do like to provide as much information as possible for you to identify what you really need. If you ask us to do work we have to charge for our time.
We can sometimes if appropiate recommend local uk repairers who we have heard good or at least no bad remarks on if you want a cheaper local service and we provide them with all the sinar detail components.
If you want a sinar manufacturers standard of repair with their superb quality reputation and guarentee you have to pay a higher price, but they do a really first class 'Sinar'guarenteed quality job.
For any specific camera issues please contact me directly off list.
Edwin
edwin blenkinsopp
technical manager
Sinar Foba Brieze