Hello from sunny Sussex

New here? Introduce yourself.
Sean Lewis
Forum Hero
Workshop Images: http://500px.com/Sean_Lewis

Hello from sunny Sussex

Post by Sean Lewis » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi to you all, Sean's the name. I've been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now and it looks great. I was diagnosed with LF syndrome around a year ago. I was perfectly happy with my Pentax 67 when I just had to go though the daunting format change, seduced by the prospect of moving the plane of focus and the almost canvas approach to the ground glass screen.

Equipment wise I've got a Wista Field DX, 90, 150, 210mm lenses, Lee filters, loup etc plus a bundle of darkslides all adding to an escalating and never ending credit card bill.

It's great to see some fantastic work here, after a year I've still got a hell of a lot to learn and here seems to be the place to to find out more and get to know some like minded fellows. Ive also got my website on desplay here, it's a bit new and not finished so any feedback is welcome.

Cheers

Sean

Paul Mitchell

Post by Paul Mitchell » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome aboard Sean. have only been a member here for the past 6 months myself but was made to feel very welcome from day one!

You have many fine images on your website, I don't know if it's my monitor but quite few of your images look very flat and lack punch... are they Adobe RGB?.... sRGB files works better...

If it's of interest to you some of us are meeting up for a LF day at Dungeness this Sunday, see the posting in the Workshop link.

Paul

Sean Lewis
Forum Hero

Post by Sean Lewis » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello there Paul. Thanks for the feedback, most appriciated. I think you're right, I've checked the colour settings and they are in sRGB. I think it's down to my dodgy photoshop skills, I've not been at it long. I think I'll be fishing a few out soon and given them a bit of a tweek, maybe boost the contrast.

An LF day at Dungeness sounds great, I was there recently and it would be good to meet you. I'll let you know Friday or Saturday if I can make it.

Thanks again

Sean

Steve Bell

Post by Steve Bell » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:09 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the group. Hope you can make it Sunday. Last time I was there it was only a fleeting visit, it was the last stop after visiting Sissinghurst and Great Dixter gardens.
Steve Bell
Aylesbury, Bucks

Sean Lewis
Forum Hero

Post by Sean Lewis » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Steve, thanks,

Got a few bits and bobs to sort this weekend, going to try and get it all done and dusted on Saturday so hopefully see you Sunday.

Sean