Greetings from London

New here? Introduce yourself.
Thingy
Forum Hero

Greetings from London

Post by Thingy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi, I'm just about the take the plunge.... for the second time. I briefly owned (about 20 years ago) an MPP Mk V. However I have seen the errors of my ways and will shortly be purchasing my dream camera: an Ebony 45SU. I have already been buying the lenses for it (secondhand Nikon, etc) in anticipation.

I am not however abandoning my other photographic formats as I still find my Contax G2 is the best camera for documentary work, my OM1 for places where access to batteries might be unreliable, and widely use my Olympus E-3 on my regular cruises to Norway.... though that may change. I would certainly like to do LF photography of the geothermal landscapes of Iceland and of Rasmus Meyer's architecturally interesting house in Bergen and Saeverud's home and gardens at Siljustoel.

My main (photographic) interests are landscape and architectural photography, macro- and (rarely these days) photomicrography and photographing naval vessels.

Steve

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:02 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome Steve

Are you aware we are running a get-together in the Lake District at the end of October? Details are in the Workshop forum.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

Paul Mitchell

Post by Paul Mitchell » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome aboard Steve.

Glad to see you are still a film user!

Paul

Thingy
Forum Hero

Post by Thingy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks Joanna. I cannot make the October meeting as I only have one day's leave left until November, but would be interested in the future subject to the meeting place being accessible by public transport.

Paul, I like working in RAW digital format but for monochrome seriously missed using film. I also look forward to the creative possibilities of experimenting again with film and camera movements. It's also a good excuse (if one is needed) to spend longer in Scandianvia and listen to how the locals actually pronounce their language as against my attempts to communicate in the Nordic languages. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Paul Mitchell

Post by Paul Mitchell » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:47 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thingy wrote:It's also a good excuse (if one is needed) to spend longer in Scandianvia and listen to how the locals actually pronounce their language as against my attempts to communicate in the Nordic languages. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hmmmm Nordic languages.... best left alone I think. Most of my family live in Holland and they all speak fluent Dutch but with a Yorkshire accent... now that's weird!

monst

Post by monst » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:35 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

welcome from crystal palace too! those ebony's are mighty fine cameras!!
cheers
john

Thingy
Forum Hero

Post by Thingy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Paul Mitchell wrote:
Thingy wrote:It's also a good excuse (if one is needed) to spend longer in Scandianvia and listen to how the locals actually pronounce their language as against my attempts to communicate in the Nordic languages. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hmmmm Nordic languages.... best left alone I think. Most of my family live in Holland and they all speak fluent Dutch but with a Yorkshire accent... now that's weird!
I should have explained that my second language is Danish.... but conversation is only possible in the area around Aarhus in Jutland! :)