Hi from Birmingham

New here? Introduce yourself.
jennym
Forum Hero

Hi from Birmingham

Post by jennym » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:50 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello everyone!

I plunged into the world of upside down viewing 6 months ago and have been hovering on the edge of this forum ever since. My love of photography developed from a love of the outdoors, and I used 35mm film until 2006. When we moved to Malawi I found it very difficult to get film developed as there was no lab in the country that processed film, so I moved on to using a Canon EOS5D. But I love taking landscapes, and even though my photography was improving, I found I couldn’t get the same depth and clarity that I could see on images taken on cameras with movements. So I bought a used Ebony 45SU about 6 months ago and I am completely hooked! The movements are magic! It's so cool watching the ground glass snap into focus. I have already made a load of mistakes (forgot to close the shutter, forgot to pull the film, blur caused by wind, bellows shadows, swing left on the camera, film put in the wrong way round, exposure completely out to name but a few!), and there are no doubt many other mistakes lurking round the corner but it's all part of the learning curve! I’m ready to accept all the advice and hints I can get...

I’m based in Birmingham (we can’t all choose where we live) and look forward to arranging the occasional outing with like-minded individuals. I would have loved to join you in the lakes but it was half term week and we have too many boys (4 under 10years). Another time.... A tea shop introduction is fine; an introduction in the landscape is infinitely preferable!

I’m not sure I will be able to contribute much but will probably be asking plenty of questions.

Cheers for now,

Jenny

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:14 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Jenny
Welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing you at one of our gatherings!
Hope the Ebony cable releases live up to expectations too :lol:

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Re: Hi from Birmingham

Post by Joanna Carter » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:24 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

jennym wrote:Hello everyone!
Well hello Jenny, it's really nice to have another woman amongst us :D
jennym wrote:I plunged into the world of upside down viewing 6 months ago
Wait until you get to the point where you think you're seeing the screen the right way round :wink:
jennym wrote:I have already made a load of mistakes...
Hmmm, sounds like par for the course :)
jennym wrote:I’m based in Birmingham (we can’t all choose where we live)
You need to come to Southport and see what you can make of a flat sand beach that's around a mile or so before you get to see the sea :?
jennym wrote:Another time.... A tea shop introduction is fine; an introduction in the landscape is infinitely preferable!
We are hoping to arrange another visit to the Victoria Baths in South Manchester, would that be of any interest?
jennym wrote:I’m not sure I will be able to contribute much but will probably be asking plenty of questions.
It's always good to ask questions, sometimes others can learn more by trying to answer questions than by simply sitting there thinking all the questions have already been asked. We look forwards to seeing more of you.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony