Hello from Evesham in Worcestershire

New here? Introduce yourself.
Steve Gledhill

Hello from Evesham in Worcestershire

Post by Steve Gledhill » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:02 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I’ve finally decided to join up after seeing yet another prompt from Joanna Carter on the LFPF to someone else to join. I thought that before she spots me and prompts me I’d sign up here too {;o)

I’ve been a LF photographer (B&W) since 1994 and a 35mm photographer before that since the 60s – mostly B&W. My main subject areas are landscape (mainly UK and US), where most of my work has been since I started, and also, since about 3 or 4 years ago, in English churches and cathedrals. Photography is not where I’ve made my living but it is my passion.

For 14 years I’ve used a 5x4 Zone VI but a few months ago bought a Chamonix 5x4 – a lovely light, rigid camera that was (before the fall of the £) very inexpensive. I use 3 Nikkor lenses – a 90mm, a 135mm and a 210mm though I anticipate soon the addition of a 300mm. I use Tmax 100 & 400 films but that’s the point where the old processes finish for me. I put the darkroom to bed many years ago and joined the scanning/ink printing brigade about 8 years ago when I made my first B&W ink prints.

If you’d like to see some of my work here’s my website: www.virtuallygrey.co.uk It’s been 18 months since I updated it so I’m working on a major overhaul and a great deal of culling before adding lots of new work.

I’ll do my best to contribute here.

Steve Gledhill
www.virtuallygrey.co.uk

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Re: Hello from Evesham in Worcestershire

Post by Joanna Carter » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Steve Gledhill wrote:I’ve finally decided to join up after seeing yet another prompt from Joanna Carter on the LFPF to someone else to join. I thought that before she spots me and prompts me I’d sign up here too {;o)
And so I should think :!: :roll: :wink: Seriously though, you are most welcome amongst us. I hope you will find friendship and help when you need it.
Steve Gledhill wrote:I’ve been a LF photographer (B&W) since 1994 and a 35mm photographer before that since the 60s – mostly B&W. My main subject areas are landscape (mainly UK and US), where most of my work has been since I started, and also, since about 3 or 4 years ago, in English churches and cathedrals. Photography is not where I’ve made my living but it is my passion.
I took a look at your site and liked what I saw.
Steve Gledhill wrote:...I put the darkroom to bed many years ago and joined the scanning/ink printing brigade about 8 years ago when I made my first B&W ink prints.
Yup, once you get the hang of making all the right adjustments in Photoshop, the results can be astounding.
Steve Gledhill wrote:I’ll do my best to contribute here.
We look forwards to sharing the shelter of a tearoom with you on one of our outings :D
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony