Introduction - it's that bl**dy Norwegian again!

New here? Introduce yourself.
Ole Tjugen

Introduction - it's that bl**dy Norwegian again!

Post by Ole Tjugen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:31 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Time for another introduction, I believe?

I know that this is a UK forum, but joined up anyway since I'm just across the North Sea in (or just outside) Bergen, Norway.
Last time I visited the UK, the plane ticket cost me less than the taxi ride to the airport - and took less time as well! Next time I think I'll go by boat, just so I can fill my car with LF gear :)

Anyway: I've been using LF for about 12 years now, with varying degrees of success. I've also done most of the possible mistakes, and await the remaining 150 stupid mistakes with trepidation.

In the course of trying to find out what the Hell (see note) I'm doing, I've also accumulated a lot of weird gear and literature. Much of it is old, German, or both. So if anyone needs to know what focal lengths a Staeble Polyplast Satzobjektiv came in, I can find out. If anyone then wants to know what it looks like, I have one to desctribe as well...

One more thing: If I post pictures heer, I'll try too stick to ones shot in the UK even if I believe Norway has much better LF landscape!

-------
(note: Hell is a railwaystation in Norway, a little distance from Trondheim, quite close to Værnes (Trondheim Airport). It's a very popular place with tourists, especially the old "goods expedition" which in slightly archaic Norwegian is written "Hell Station - Gods Expedition").
Ole Tjugen

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:19 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Ole ... hmmm ... the name's sort of familiar :lol:

Good to hear from you and glad you've "joined" our merry band! Although branded as a "UK-based" group, we do, of course, welcome LFers globally!

I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome here and should you ever venture across the North Sea a warmer welcome awaits!

Looking forward to you (as ever) sharing your vast knowledge and experience.

Best wishes Paul O

sandeha
Forum Hero

Post by sandeha » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:56 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Ole, some time around 1925 my dad was in Hell and sent back the obligatory picture post card (bw shot with hand-tinted colour, I think) of the railway station. I was briefly there myself in the seventies and have a strong image in my mind of the landscape between Dombas and Andalsnes, and the Romsdallen. Stunning area, though I'm sure Norway has even finer points to show.

uraniumnitrate
Forum Hero

Post by uraniumnitrate » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:14 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You don’t have to introduce yourself! You are all over the place! Probably they have even named a street after you! You just don’t know it yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Var hilsen!