Board AT RISK for the next 48 hrs or so

Messages from the Administrators and instructions on how to use the forum
masch
Founder

Board AT RISK for the next 48 hrs or so

Post by masch » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:49 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Dear All,

we are in the process of transferring the board to a new server, as well as transferring the domain to a new registrar.
I'm sure there may be a number of hickups occurring, so please consider the board to be AT RISK over the next 48 hours or so, while we try and move things about. If any post get lost, I sincerely apologise for this in advance, since it will probably be my fault, rather than that of my collaborators on this matter. :)

I'm sure DJ will be highly capable in mitigating any mistakes I'm making here...

I will let people know when things are green again :)

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

masch
Founder

Re: Board AT RISK for the next 48 hrs or so

Post by masch » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

A minor update:

I have to apologise, but we have his a minor snag. As a result, I have good news and bad news...

Bad News: Due to some missing authentication keys, we have not managed to have the domain transferred to the new registrar. We hope that this is completed by the end of this week or early next week. THe auth keys are archived and need to be retrieved from backup first... :roll:

Good News: DJ is far more capable that I have given him credit for and has set things up, so there should be virtually no interruption to service, during the registrar transfer or the subsequent server transfer. :D :D
This means the entire process should be completely transparent to the users and should be pretty much unnoticeable.

My apologies for the delays.

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/