Hello from Hartlepool

New here? Introduce yourself.
Peter Vicente

Hello from Hartlepool

Post by Peter Vicente » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:33 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Good Evening, Everyone,
Just joined your great forum and very impressed with your combined knowledge and hospitality to newcomers.Photography has been my passion for the last 35 yrs and never tired of it. Living on the NE coast has it's advantages, Northumberland to the North,Yorkshire Moors to the South and the Dales/Lake district to the West, an hour either way So lucky. I recently met David B from the forum and bought a very nice Ebony RSW from him, a really nice guy
Looking forward to your companionship and knowledge

Nigels
Forum Hero

Re: Hello from Hartlepool

Post by Nigels » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Welcome to the forum Peter.
You're certainly blessed with being in a great part of the country. I often find Bedfordshire a bit limiting.
As for the RSW, its a great camera, especiallly if you are apt to venture into the country backpacking with it. I had mine 8 1/2 years before I finally succombed to the delights of the extra movements a 45SU made available.
One tip - if you you want a short telephoto for the camera, look around for an old Schneider 270/5.5 Tele Arton. It only has a FFD of 152mm which is useful as the RSW has a max draw of 190mm. So far as I know its the longest lens you can use on the RSW without buying some sort of extension accessory. Problem is, they stopped making it around 1974. Look for a late one with a s/n over 12000000.
Enjoy the camera.
Regs, Nigels.
[User of Ebony 45SU + 58, 80, 150 & 270 mm Lenses, and all the essential bits]
"He wears the sweeping landscape in the crystal of his eye."

Paul Mitchell

Post by Paul Mitchell » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Another warm welcome to the forum Peter from someone who originated from the NE coast but is now a softy southerner. I try and get back as often as I can, indeed you could have spotted me under a darkcloth in Whitby a few weeks ago... bliss!

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

http://www.paulmitchellphotography.co.uk
http://www.arenaphotographers.com

Alan Clark

Post by Alan Clark » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:53 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello Peter,
I'm not far away from you; near Pickering. I do quite a bit of my photography along the coast at places like Paddy's Hole and Skinningrove. Might bump into you one day!

Alan Clark