Sergels Torg. Stockholm, Sweden.

If you want comments on your images.
l2oBiN

Sergels Torg. Stockholm, Sweden.

Post by l2oBiN » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

As always C&C much appreciated.

Sergels Torg. Stockholm, Sweden. by Marko Matic, on Flickr
Last edited by l2oBiN on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:40 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 1 time in total.

Clive Gray

Re: Sergels Torg. Stockholm, Sweden.

Post by Clive Gray » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:26 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I'm currently seeing a flickr message saying the photo is unavailable which is a pitty because I remember looking before and thinking that I liked your shot a lot not a critique I'm afraid I just simply like the image.

l2oBiN

Post by l2oBiN » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Clive Gray wrote:I'm currently seeing a flickr message saying the photo is unavailable which is a pitty because I remember looking before and thinking that I liked your shot a lot not a critique I'm afraid I just simply like the image.
Thank you Clive. Positive comments also very much appreciated. The image should be back now =)

BarryWilkinson
Forum Hero

Post by BarryWilkinson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I really like night photography and IMO this is a great example. Initally I felt I would crop out the building on the right but that does not work for me. So its just fine for me as it is. Good exposure.

Barry

l2oBiN

Post by l2oBiN » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

BarryWilkinson wrote:I really like night photography and IMO this is a great example. Initally I felt I would crop out the building on the right but that does not work for me. So its just fine for me as it is. Good exposure.

Barry

Thank you Barry,

I see your point about the building on the right...

My feeling is that it "cradles" the tower and the roundabout in the centre. I prefer not to crop the images>I really like the 4x5 "goodness" in each shot. Taking a new image focusing on eliminating the building on the right would require a longer focal length which would be problematic for squeezing the tower in.. and 'setting" it within the street-scape.

I wish the tram was captured by the exposure (bottom right corner), but it just did not hang in there for long enough. I am also chewing over the lack of light "glow" to the top of the buildings. I wish there was more light there, but then again it feels more natural the way it look as is. More clouds in the sky would have been nice as well..

Agh.. there is always a myriad of things that could be improved... :o

I would really like to get my hands on a holder that holds the film flat. I have lost a number of good captures due to film moving or popping even when I tap the holder before loading and when I acclimatise the film in the chamber before shooting...

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I don't know if its just me but something bothers me when viewing this, and I think its because its a couple of degrees of being perfectly vertical - I think it needs rotating clockwise ever so slightly. Other than that its great!