Polaroid conversions?

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Chris Wilding

Polaroid conversions?

Post by Chris Wilding » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:05 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi there

Have been looking at Polaroid 110B cameras which have been converted to take various format holders including 5x4. I have been doing a bit of internet research and the 'Byron' conversion looks like a very elegant solution, although I understand the frame is cropped slightly, I know there are other professional services out there along with other DIY efforts.

Does anyone have experience with these cameras and any tips, also I might be interested in buying a 110B model as this is the first step? If anyone has one of these conversions I would love to have a look at one in the flesh maybe we could work out a hire deal or something?

As always any information gratefully received.

Cheers

Chris

Matt_Bigwood
Forum Hero

Re: Polaroid conversions?

Post by Matt_Bigwood » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:34 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Chris

I have a Razzle conversion which I bought from a forum member a few years ago. It's based on a 110B and it's a great design and quick in operation. It has the standard Rodenstock 127mm lens, which I find to be a good focal length, wider than normal and which more-or-less matches the whole area of the viewfinder.

The camera seems more fragile than something like a Speed Graphic or MPP MicroPress, but I suppose it was never meant to be a press camera, and should be treated with more care.

If you'd like to contact me directly my email address can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/people/mattbigwood/

Matt

Chris Wilding

Re: Polaroid conversions?

Post by Chris Wilding » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks very much for that Matt I'll drop you an email.

Chris