Exposing yourself in France

A place to let everybody know about the latest news, upcoming events and your projects
Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Exposing yourself in France

Post by Joanna Carter » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:12 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi folks

Well, we are back from our excursion in France with some very interesting news.

Whilst we were there, the president of the Lannion Photo Club asked me if the UKLFPG would like to submit around 10 pictures as part of an international "exposition" (exhibition) to take place for the month of December.

The idea is to demonstrate what LF is about, so pictures that show off the capabilities of a "chambre" (view camera) would be a good idea.

The French are very much more into B&W than we are over here but I would like us to 'educate' them a bit as to how wonderful colour LF images can be; I anticipate making the selection about half of each.

The pictures will be mounted in frames that are 40cm x 50cm including any mount. I tried to convince them that 40x50 inches would be better but to no avail :P All pictures to be ready mounted to that size to ensure that the mount suits the picture.

The deadline for delivery of your finished images to me will be 15th November, to allow time for postal strikes, etc.

This really is an honour for us to be asked and should be an opportunity for those who have never "exposed" themselves before.

Would you please post a small scan of any image you would like to be considered to this thread and, if necessary, maybe we could hold a mini poll to get the thoughts of folks as to which would be the best to select.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

Lynne Evans
Forum Hero

Post by Lynne Evans » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Jo

That sounds really exciting. Unfortunately I am on my travels and won't return home until the first week in November, so haven't got access to my scanned images. You can count in any of my Project images and there is also a selection of my colour LF on the choose-film website http://choose-film.com/?page_id=3&user_id=451

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have lots of submissions from the wealth of highly competent members of the group.

Lynne

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:14 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Good Work, Joanna!
What is the maximum number you think each person should post?
How are you expecting B&Wists to show their work if they don't have a scanner?
Shouldn't we limit the number of submissions to the "exposition" to one print per person (unless we are short)?
What is the deadline for submission to this thread?
Sorry for being boringly practical.
Charles

Joanna Carter
Founder

Post by Joanna Carter » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Charles Twist wrote:Good Work, Joanna!
What is the maximum number you think each person should post?
I think 2 would be a good max.
Charles Twist wrote:How are you expecting B&Wists to show their work if they don't have a scanner?
Hmmm, about the same way as colourists; unless such folks want to send me small proofs in the mail (strikes allowing)
Charles Twist wrote:Shouldn't we limit the number of submissions to the "exposition" to one print per person (unless we are short)?
Yes, that was the original thought
Charles Twist wrote:What is the deadline for submission to this thread?
Shall we say the end of October? Or, for Lynne, possibly the week after :-)

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Here be three pics from me then. The images below are low res, but there is plenty of texture in the print. Also plenty of colour to wow the B&Wist Frogs.

Will one of these do?
Charles

Joanna Carter
Founder

Post by Joanna Carter » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:00 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Many thanks to Marc, Charles and Andrew for providing images for the exposition. I took some shots of the gallery but I have only managed to scan in one image so far :

I will get the shot of our pictures scanned over the coming weekend when I get back from Ireland.

But, as you can see, the gallery is an awesome space; provided by the local council for the town of Lannion, l'Imagerie is a dedicated photographic gallery and the centre with which it is connected even boasts a fully kitted out darkroom (yes, a real wet one :) ) as well as a d*****l "lightroom".