Exhibition

A place to let everybody know about the latest news, upcoming events and your projects
Nat

Exhibition

Post by Nat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi all,
having just finished our second year, it is now time to show our work to the public.

I started the year on medium format and half way through transferred to large format. The first semester I shot documentary (my favorite) and this semester I explored the realms of architecture using a Sinar P (heavy climbing up scaffolding). The colour photographs are all as taken except cropping to aid composition (no digital manipulation or filters), this was my real first outing with the Sinar, and as such frustrating as I shot blind (no instant film used), the results only showed up once negatives/transparencies were developed.

Development of film sheets was done at home using deep tanks, as I find this the easiest way to develop 5x4 film, colour was courtesy of Peal Imaging.

The website shows just a small selection of our work, those living or who can make the exhibition are more than welcome, failing that the website has a sample of some of the images.

www.exhibition12.com

Please feel free to sign the guest book.

Nat

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:44 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Nat,

Nice stuff!
I've been to a couple of end of year shows last week (City College and Manchester Met) and every time I have to say that the quality of what people are producing during their courses is astounding.
Large Format is still quite rare, but you do see a good amount of MF work. I'm particularly impressed with the interest that wet B&W work still seems to command... :)

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

Nat

Thanks

Post by Nat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the thoughts, I have looked at your website, all I can say is wow! You have some beautiful photographs on there, which encompass a wide variety of subjects. Looks like i will have to pull my finger out and get shooting more.

All the best

Nat