Kintra, Ross of Mull

If you want comments on your images.
gari
Forum Hero

Kintra, Ross of Mull

Post by gari » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:12 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

New image for you kind folks to comment on. the image is of Kintra, on the Ross of Mull, not far from Fionphort. It overlooks the Northern end of the sound of Iona. Taken on Boxing day of last year.
All input welcome.
Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Great light. Personally I'd prefer less of the foreground rock. The top third has the great light and that is where the interest is for me.

Just my opinion, as the shot is good as it is

Quentin

uraniumnitrate
Forum Hero

Post by uraniumnitrate » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:16 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

This kind of picks doesn’t get me at all! It's like toooooooooo beautiful and nothing else! Seem like shuts of those girls and boys with mobile phone inbuilt in their camera does! :lol:

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:18 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Gari,

as in your last picture, I like the subtle colours. They simply see to work together and make a nice change from vast amounts of Velvia saturation one sees so often.

The foreground rock is however a little much, and could do with being about a stop lighter. A ND grad over sky and sea might have helped in this case. However, it can proably be resolved in Photoshop, if you are so inclined.

I owuld cetainly crop out some of the foreground. It otherwise overpowers the rest of the picture. I'm not going to suggest a square crop again, because then Charles will come after me with a large tripod... :)

A panoramic crop (1:3 or so), potentially removing all of the foreground rock could be quite nice as well, methinks.

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

buze

Post by buze » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:46 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Gorgeous light. I don't mind the foreground too much; but it could have used some more light to "blend it in" some.. (Or maybe lift it some with "Shadow/Highlights" in photosshop?)
But I hope you set the tripod slightly further up and shot a bit more of that background, it looks fantastic !

I'm curious to know what brand of mobile phones are available in sweden, I'd be interested in one if they can do images even remotely like this one... :D