water study from a recent trip to Norway

If you want comments on your images.
gari
Forum Hero

water study from a recent trip to Norway

Post by gari » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I was in the Setesdal Valley, Southern Norway, in Oct last year for the fall, by the time I got there most of the leaves had already "fallen" so I spent some time looking at studies.
I plan to rescan the slide when my wetmount kit arrives to try to tone down the hilights a little.
Taken with an MPP mkI
Ziess 135mm tessar
3 sec @ F22.
no filters.
Kodak E100SW
Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

Chong

Post by Chong » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:25 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Gari,
I like this one. I noticed that you are using Kodak 100SW. Do you find this film has a magenta cast? I am using the 100vs and this sometime has a magenta cast which is quite noticeable.

Regards

Chong

gari
Forum Hero

Post by gari » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:16 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yes, I just use a curve to remove the cast when scanning. I do like the fact that it is a little less contrasty than Velvia.
Gari

Chong

Post by Chong » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:13 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Gari,
Is this the only view point you have taken? Would love to see some more if you got them.

Regards

Chong

gari
Forum Hero

Post by gari » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:49 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Chong, slow reply I know but the roof has fallen in lately, literally, I have had some plumbing problems, to be more precise the folks upstairs have had some plumbing issues its just that I had the problem what with gravity and all!!

The trip to Norway was not what it could have been. The fall had happened bye the time I got there, with very few trees left in foliage. I was in Evje, in the southern end of the valley for the first week and it rained almost constantly. I didn't shoot a single sheet of film, the only shots I got where with my Noblex and they were'nt all that.
I decided to go North to a place called Hovden for the remainder of the trip. Again the weather wasn't great but I managed to get a few shots between showers, this being one. I got a few broader landscapes, we had a snap freeze so I got some frozen water shots etc.

I can post as soon as I get round to scanning the sheets, I am awaiting a wetmount kit from Canada so when it arrives I shall set the network back up and post some shots in a week or two. As the weather was so poor I decided to go for a trek into the hills, Norway has a great mtn hut system called the DNT Hyttes. Well it snowed, really snowed, on the second day of the trek and I managed to put my leg between 2 rocks in a drift and tore a ligament in my knee. A night on the hill with all my clothes on and a 3hr trek that took over 12 back to the bunkhouse.javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
I spent the rest of the trip strapped and watching daytime TV with just one channel, NRK2, ask Ole how interesting that is. javascript:emoticon(':cry:')

To cap it all off when I processed the sheets a large proportion were about a stop or more under exposed, I later discovered that my meter had developed a problem, but not before wasting some more film!!javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

Now you know why I don't get to shoot with others!!!
if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.
Gari

Chong

Post by Chong » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:07 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Get well soon. Sorry to hear what you had gone through.

Regards
Chong