Brodsworth Hall 1

If you want comments on your images.
Apple
Forum Hero

Brodsworth Hall 1

Post by Apple » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:27 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

OK, I'll throw one into the Lion's den :wink:

I'm new to this colour & scanning lark so be gentle with me :wink:

It was taken on the mini workshop to Brodsworth Hall a month or so back with Charles, Marc and David.

I've just got a pile of stuff developed so I'll sort though and see what else there is...

Andrew

PS I've just found out that the photobucket habit of resizing images is due to a setting limiting the max file size - if you set it to 1Mb then you don't get any resize if you're under that filesize :lol:
Last edited by Apple on Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:59 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 2 times in total.

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yup, we will have to arrange some time when I can get over and profile your scanner; that should sort out a whole load of problems :)

What was the film, Velvia 100 ? It looks like you could have done with that 2CC UV filter to get rid of the "blues" in the shadows and bottoms of the clouds. Apart from that , a lovely, well composed shot.

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Jo,

I've just swapped the picture to a later tweaked version which has lightened it a tad.

It was taken on Provia 100F with the 90mm and trying to sort out the hinge point but ran into almost the same problem as one of yours with a near, high point well off plane of focus (the covered walkway above.)

The base has been cropped a bit to remove a path and give it a constant colour foreground.

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:47 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Charles,

Does this mean I'm halfway to being a "participant" if I've posted a workshop image? :wink:

Also, YHM regarding the filter wallet unless you've already seen it...

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Andrew,

I do like the sky. It looks almost too perfect (no, I'm not insinuating anything...:heh:). When did you shoot this one?

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Marc,

You can insinuate all you like but I know I haven't got the PS knowledge to drop in a sky like that (or any other) without it being very, very obvious :wink:

With it being taken on the 90mm, I haven't got a polariser so big, that was the true sky and I don't remember using a grad filter either.

It was the first or second location I took on the day as I assumed that the garden areas and the view to the hall would get busy if I left it too late as per the previous week's experience. Also, they put the chairs out for the band and I wanted to get in there first.

Chong

Post by Chong » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Andrew,
Nice pic. I have to agree, the clouds looked really good. Hope you didn't get any hassles liked when we were at the sculptures park :wink: .

Chong

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:44 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Chong wrote:Hope you didn't get any hassles liked when we were at the sculptures park :wink:
English Heritage are a lot less trouble about photographers with tripods, than the National Trust are, lately. When Helen, Jo and myself were at Lyme Park, a while ago, we were reminded twice about profesional photography not being permitted. And then, after we had set the cameras up, the Site Manager came across and wanted us to "assure <him> that <we> aren't doing photography for commercial purposes". :roll:
Thew NT are also now trying to force magazines to not accept images of trust properties for editorial purposes, which generally are accepted to be a non commercial use. Makes me seriously rethink my membership :?

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Chong,

No hassle this time - we just had to be there right on opening time to beat the crowds.

Do you remember the pictures we took in the conservatory at Bretton of the metal sculpture with water flowing over it? I've just got them back in this batch of tranny films and found I've double exposed them with some pictures of Brimham Rocks :cry: I must have picked up a Grafmatic back twice or got confused as to which one was reloaded :oops: It's the only time I've done that...

Andrew