Brodsworth Hall again - this time B&W

If you want comments on your images.
Apple
Forum Hero

Brodsworth Hall again - this time B&W

Post by Apple » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:34 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Another from Brodsworth Hall - this time the Sunken Garden

Acros, 90mm SA XL, 1/2 sec @ f22 2/3, dev in DD-X for 7.5 min then made a tow of it when scanning... ;-)

The gravel at the lowest level is near white (as Marc & Charles can verify) - I haven't tweaked that.
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.

Chong

Post by Chong » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:30 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Andrew,

I am familiar with this part of Bodsworth and personnaly I would have preferred a colour version of this one. I am not sure whether any of the plants were in blooms when you were there. When I was last there, many of the plants were in blooms and because there were a variety of them, the colour was just great. However I did not take any LF pictures because it was a family outing and try not to upset my other better half.

You are not too far from Bodsworth, so could pay another visit there sometime again to try colour version :wink: . As the picture stands, the featureless sky does not really lift the picture at all to something more than a record shot. Hope I have not been too enthusiatic with my cirtique.

Send my regards to your dad and hope everthing is well.

Regards

Chong

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:28 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Chong,

I think I've got a colour version somewhere - the sky isn't any better on that one either, not like the other picture I posted. I don't remember anything being in bloom at the time - it was more of a greenery.

I must saythat the B&W looks reasonable on my home monitor but looks hopeless on the works one :(

If I went back to Brodsworth I might as well join the EH as I must be getting near paying a years-worth of subs at one place ;) (Must keep myself away from the draw of the tearoom and the traditional orange or lemonade that only tastes of ginger...)

Dad's getting on OK - he's getting his bits and pieces ready for the Glencoe trip - one roll of film, knotted hanky for the sunbathing etc :lol: ;)

Andrew
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.